- PDA (public displays of affection) is out of control here. They simply don't care. Couples make out in the street everywhere. The other day, we say one guy push his girlfriend up against the wall while walking on the sidewalk, and intensely make out with her! In America we say why are they doing that?! Here, they say why not?
- They do the double kiss when greeting someone. I've already done it a few times, I think its fun.
- Street performers are everywhere! Especially in the metro. They are very talented musicians so people like to listen to them.
- Musicians even get on the metro and play. Yesterday we had an accordionist playing while riding the metro.
- There are 3 types of coffee. All are SO small compared to our coffee, but its actually expresso.
- They listen to American music here which is SO strange. They don't listen to Spanish music. It is because we advertise our music so well in America.
- The average shower they recommend here is, get ready. 4 MINUTES!!
- The women here don't shave their legs, they get them waxed, they don't even sell shaving cream for women. They look at you strange if you ask for shaving cream.
- So far its been very hard to find conditioner, I've had to go to 3 different stores. They only seem to have shampoo.
- The water bottles here are 1.5 Liters. They are HUGE but only cost .25 euro
- If you don't ask for the check in a restaurant they won't bring it to you. People like to sit for long periods of time to talk.
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Things I've observed so far: